Frequently Asked Questions
- What is this class action settlement?
- Why do I have vouchers?
- How many vouchers do I get?
- Where do I find my vouchers?
- Can I use the vouchers for any event?
- Where can I find events to use my ticket vouchers?
- Are the ticket vouchers redeemable for any ticket?
- Am I guaranteed free tickets?
- Can I apply the vouchers to a previously placed order?
- Can I combine all the vouchers together?
- Can I transfer my vouchers to someone else?
- How do I know if I qualify for a ticket voucher?
- Where do I apply the vouchers?
- I think I should have more vouchers than I see in my account. What should I do?
- Can my voucher be used more than once if I only used it for one ticket?
- Why are there no events in my area?
- Can I use the mobile app or mobile web to redeem my vouchers?
- Are wheelchair accessible seats available for ticket voucher redemption?
- Why can I only redeem my ticket voucher for these events?
- When will my vouchers expire?
- Why will everyone who got a ticket voucher not get a ticket?
- Why can’t I use my ticket voucher for every event on LiveNation.com and Ticketmaster.com?
- How can the ticket vouchers be sold out?
- How do I sign up for notifications?
- When are you releasing more tickets?
- I no longer have access to the email I used to set up and access my Ticketmaster account. What should I do?
- Who do I contact if my question isn’t answered here?
In 2003, the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster class action lawsuit was filed alleging that Ticketmaster failed to fully disclose to consumers all aspects of its UPS and Order Processing Fees. While vigorously defending the lawsuit, Ticketmaster settled the case in 2013, with the court granting final approval of the settlement in February 2015.
The settlement class includes all consumers who transacted on Ticketmaster.com from 1999-2013.
As part of the Schlesinger v. Ticketmaster settlement,
- Ticketmaster agreed to provide all members of the class a $2.25 credit on the future purchase of primary tickets for each transaction over the class period, for up to 17 vouchers.
- In addition, a $5 UPS Voucher was made available to members of the class who had used UPS delivery during the class period, again to a maximum of 17 vouchers.
- Also Ticketmaster agreed to provide $5 million in ticket vouchers for select Live Nation concerts in the first year of the settlement, subject to availability and a cap of 17 vouchers per account. Each voucher is potentially redeemable for two eligible general admission tickets for certain Live Nation concert events subject to availability. Please be aware that due to limited availability, we expect these settlement ticket vouchers to be redeemed quickly. Given the tremendous initial interest for these tickets, Ticketmaster has increased the allotment of tickets made available in the first year of the settlement. The potential for additional tickets will be based on the redemption rates of the discount and UPS vouchers.
- Each class member gets one discount voucher for each Ticketmaster.com purchase made between October 21, 1999 and February 27, 2013, up to a maximum of 17 discount vouchers.
- If you used UPS delivery for your tickets during the class period, you also received one UPS voucher for each UPS delivery you paid for over the class period, up to a maximum of 17 UPS vouchers.
- All class members also received one ticket voucher, which is good for two eligible general admission tickets, for each transaction the class member made over the class period, up to a maximum of 17 vouchers. This voucher is potentially redeemable for two eligible general admission tickets for certain Live Nation concert events subject to availability and limitations. Please be aware that due to limited availability, we expect these settlement ticket vouchers to be redeemed quickly.
Vouchers are made available to you under the “My Vouchers” link in your Ticketmaster account at https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/vouchers.
If you have lost or misplaced your Ticketmaster login name and/or password, please use the “Forgot password?” link to reset your password from https://www.ticketmaster.com/member/.
You can use the discount and UPS vouchers for a discount on any event on Ticketmaster.com.
You can only use your ticket vouchers for eligible general admission seating at certain Live Nation concerts, which will be selected by Live Nation and listed here: http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement.
You can find eligible events here: http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement. If the initial list of events does not include an event in your area, please check back periodically, as new events may be added.
The vouchers are potentially redeemable for two eligible general admission tickets for certain events held at Live Nation owned and operated venues, subject to availability and limitations.
No. While all class members are eligible for qualified events, ticket vouchers will be redeemed on a first come, first served basis.
Only select events are potentially eligible for voucher redemption, and you cannot use your ticket or discount vouchers for previously placed orders for those events or any other events.
- You can combine up to two discount vouchers per transaction ($4.50 total).
- Up to two UPS vouchers ($10.00 total) can be used per transaction where you have elected UPS delivery.
- Up to two discount vouchers and two UPS vouchers can be used on the same purchase (four total vouchers for a total discount of $14.50)
- Ticket vouchers cannot be used with any other discount or UPS codes
No. Vouchers can only be redeemed by the class member. They are non-transferable.
Please email us at email@example.com.
If you are interested in an event and would like to try to use any of the ticket vouchers you received, log on to www.ticketmaster.com using your Ticketmaster username and password, or visit Ticketmaster’s mobile website, which can be accessed by either typing in ticketmaster.com, m.ticketmaster.com or www1.ticketmaster.com on your mobile phone or tablet. Enter the voucher(s) you would like to use in the in the applicable area on the billing page. Please note that vouchers may not be redeemed over mobile apps, so you should use your desktop or laptop, or type in the website on your mobile device if you want to use your vouchers.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. Each voucher can only be used once, and then it will no longer be valid and it will no longer be viewable in your account.
Under the terms of the settlement, Ticketmaster will provide tickets across a variety of events that take place at Live Nation owned and operated venues. If the initial list of events does not include an event in your area, please check back periodically, as new events may be added.
You may use the mobile web, which can be accessed by either typing in ticketmaster.com, m.ticketmaster.com or www1.ticketmaster.com on your mobile phone or tablet, to redeem your vouchers. Vouchers cannot be redeemed on the mobile app.
Yes. Eligible general admission tickets available for potential ticket voucher redemption are wheelchair accessible. Please redeem your voucher for your selected event(s) and then reach out to http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/customer-service.html for further assistance regarding your accessibility needs.
Per the settlement agreement, ticket vouchers can only be redeemed for eligible events at Live Nation owned and operated venues on a first come, first serve basis. Current eligible events include award-winning artists at legendary venues. Please continue to check back since more events may be added periodically. For an updated list of eligible events, visit http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement.
Your discount and UPS vouchers will expire on June 18, 2020. Your ticket vouchers will be valid for eligible events (which can be found here: http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement until no further tickets are available for any listed events and no further events will be posted. Ticket voucher redemption is on a first come, first serve basis and we encourage you to check back frequently, as new tickets may be added periodically.
Per the terms of the settlement, a limited amount of tickets are being made available for class members, and ticket vouchers are redeemable on a first come, first serve basis.
Per the settlement, Ticketmaster is making tickets available to certain concerts at Live Nation owned and operated venues across the country. Not all events ticketed by Ticketmaster are eligible for ticket voucher use, nor are all Live Nation concerts eligible.
Ticketmaster provided, per the settlement agreement, an allotment of tickets to the eligible events that may be purchased with ticket vouchers. Once ticket vouchers have been used to purchase all allotted tickets for a particular event, that event will be designated as “Voucher sold out for this event” on the following site: http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement. Check back frequently as additional tickets and events may be added periodically.
To sign up for periodic notifications when additional tickets or new events have been added, please visit https://secure.gcginc.com/tkm/SubscriptionSignup.aspx. Please note, however, that you will not necessarily receive this email notification before eligible events are listed or before new tickets are added to current eligible events; but rather, the email will be sent periodically during the period of time that tickets are generally available.
New tickets may be made available periodically. For the most up-to-date information, please check http://concerts.livenation.com/microsite/settlement frequently.
Please email us at email@example.com.
- If you have a question about the lawsuit or the benefits to which you are entitled, or if you believe you did not receive vouchers that you should have received, please reach out to Garden City Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have a question about how to access your account, how to use your vouchers or how to find eligible events, please reach out to Ticketmaster customer service at help.ticketmaster.com.